Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weird pimple-like wounds on my scalp?

Lately I%26#039;ve been getting a lot of redenned areas, inflamated in my scalp. At first, they were like itches, big, inflamated, they%26#039;d kinda hurt and if I scratched them, they%26#039;d just become wounds. Now they are somewhat like pimples, they tend to collapse with pressure. Sometimes they shed usual white grease like pimples do, and sometimes they look infected, with greenish matter.





I have tried almost everything I could to no effect. Can somebody give me any tips on what this is called, possible causes and treatments?





As a sidenote: I saw a dermatologist, he said it was some kind of weird seborrhea, and gave me a prescription for a special shampoo, but it didn%26#039;t seem to work.|||definitely follow-up on that...there may be other things the doctor can prescribe to try and that shampoo you tried was just the first one...he needs to see how your scalp looks after trying the shampoo also|||more info on scalp pimples http://www.acne-treatment-answers.com/scalp-pimples.html Report Abuse
|||i agree with the first one. but don%26#039;t do anything that will aggravate it. don%26#039;t wear a hat or scratch your head or pick at them and wash your hair often. each time you wash it, shampoo twice.|||Sounds to me like you have Margellons Disease. It is serious, and very weird. About 4000 people in the US go misdiagnosed each year with this : A helpful website for you, good luck


morgellonswatch.blogspot.com|||You could do one of two things. First let me tell you that there are good and bad doctors. Just as there are good and bad teachers. You could go to a different Dermatologist.


If I were you I would go online or to a medical bookstore (at a major Medical School/University or Hospital) and find an Atlas of Dermatology. I will warn you that the images you will see may be very scary. But if you have a cold temperament and can take it, look trough an Atlas and try to find the picture that most closely resemble what you have. Choose the three closests. Then find more information about those conditions. Then go to a good Doctor and tell him about what you read and what your concerns are. That should do the trick.


Whatever you do, don%26#039;t treat it yourself with no medical supervision and never accept advise from anyone other than a physician. Your local pharmacist for example is not a physician.


(I was a physician when I was younger)|||i am no doctor, but i have been suffering these breakouts too. doctor told me it%26#039;s follicullitis, and that there isn%26#039;t an established treatment for it. however, she said that as a last resort, some steroids can be used to treat them. it%26#039;s apparently caused by a staphylococcus virus that is usually resident in the back of the nasal passages.





sorry i couldn%26#039;t be more helpful...|||I agree with the first one|||I%26#039;m not sure what this is, but if you%26#039;ve already seen a dermatologist you should go back. Tell him it didn%26#039;t work and then ask for something else. Sorry about your luck.|||Its good that you went to a dermatologist. now its time to go back to him and show him the problem. I dont think the special shampoo is the right one for you. He can prescribe another shampoo that will hopefull work better for you.





Good luck and I hope it gets better!!|||Whoa, there%26#039;s some one else with this too? I have 3 spots on my head, but I thought they were just like, bug bites or something that never fully healed %26#039;cause I pick them a lot (oopsie)|||it is a condition most likely caused by ingrown hairs and worsened by sweating in the heat... i have had the same problem for years and my DR said it is call foliculitus.. look it up my spelling may be bad.|||It%26#039;s psoriasis or some wierd name. I have them too. They%26#039;re stress caused . Period. Nothing gets rid of them that I%26#039;ve tried. No T-Gel Shampoo or anything. Just exercise and try to relax. And don%26#039;t shave your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment